Monday, July 26, 2010

Buy Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections on and Off the Court


Wooden was perhaps the greatest basketball coach ever. His basketball wisdom and ideas on excellence and leadership development are timeless. All of his books are must reads for a basketball coach and most players.

But this little blue book is for anyone. It truly is the wisdom of Wooden.

I don't really know how else to describe it. This book is not so much about basketball as it is life and how to do it the right way.

I gave this little book to every player who graduated from my program. My copy is beat up, underlined, dog-eared, and highlighted. I cannot tell you how many times I have read it and learned something from it with each reading.

The only book I know of that has more wisdom and allows you to learn from each reading is the Bible.

Kevin Sivils - author of Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball
Game Strategies and Tactics for Basketball: Bench Coaching for SuccessGet more detail about Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections on and Off the Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment