Monday, July 12, 2010

Order The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey


Book review of "Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey: The River of Doubt" by Candice Millard

While reading over lunch, I showed a man I work with a copy of Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey: The River of Doubt. I explained that I was enjoying it and how impressed my dad had been when I said I was reading it. "Yep," he said. "Teddy Roosevelt is every dad's favorite president."

Such a funny comment. But I can see how it might be true. The man was an adventurer, naturalist and great leader. What's not to like? This book covers a trek Roosevelt took with a team of people exploring the Amazon. The book is well-written, though perhaps a little tough to get into. Once you get hooked in the adventure and mystery that the amazonian jungle has to offer, though, you are hooked. Wonderful read!Get more detail about The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment