Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life This instant


I want to thank Casey for taking the time for writing such a clear and helpful review. Even though I have not read the book. I can't help but notice the HUGE difference between someone born with a silver spoon versus someone that has to earn it all the good old fashion way.... with a lot of hard work and only if your lucky you might be at the right time and place, because hard work does NOT ALWAYS determine or guarantee your success. Thats not counting if you are any kind of a minority whether gay or non-white, over 40 years old, etc., you can add 100 times harder to that.
On the other side, she does look like a very well grounded person, which is more than I can say for most "regular" people that think they are too good to work, since they think they are too "special" or celebrity wanna be's. Obviously she comes from a very good upbringing and not only in the monetary sense. I am happy that she has taken great advantage of all her GREAT priveledges and done something very useful! One thing that I don't see enough of is her giving back to the less fortunate, at least not as obvious.... and I don't mean for tax purposes! I still wish her the best, even though I can't help but feel a little jealous that I have nothing compared to her, but yet had to work and sacrifice soooooo much to get what I have, and still working to be able to keep it!!!! I am in my forties. My suggestions to those starting.... DON'T HAVE KIDS UNTIL YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!! I have personally seen how people get what they want first and then figure out how to maintain it! A bad way to start!!! Get yourself together and then have a kid... not too many though... this society its very tough and it seems to get tougher with time. When the teen years set in.... God have mercy upon you!!! It is the hardest job you will EVER HAVE! Please don't misunderstand me and think that I don't think having kids is good, I just think most people don't plan it correctly and then end up working 100 times harder to get what they want and sometimes at the expense of their children... that's reality! and yes I have 1 child, so I speak by experience. Thank goodness I did not let anyone pressure me in having more, and believe me, I was pressured! Best to all of you readers! the important thing is to look for wisdom and reading is the best way... filtering what you read is another. (I apologize for any gramatical errors)
With Love,
ElizabethGet more detail about The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment