Thursday, September 23, 2010

Discount Hungry: A Young Model's Story of Appetite, Ambition, and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves


I am more than twice Crystal Renn's age, but I am so taken with her intelligence and openness in sharing her struggle to shape her body into some ideal of perfect. I have truly learned something from Renn's story: the beauty images we're sold are all a myth, and not even the models can achieve them. I bought the book because I find plus-size models fascinating, but Renn is truly one of a kind. That she realized she wasn't crazy, the industry around her was crazy sets her apart and gives me hope that other women will see the same thing. I like my body and size a lot more now. Thank you, Ms. Renn.Get more detail about Hungry: A Young Model's Story of Appetite, Ambition, and the Ultimate Embrace of Curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment