Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Order A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius


I think readers will either love or hate Eggers semi-autobiographical story of living in San Francisco during the dot-com boom. Dave holds almost nothing back about his adventures as a clueless single raising his eight year old brother; how he and his friends half-heartedly tried to revolutionize the world in between beer-drinking sessions.

I am the same age as Eggers, and can easily see people hating him for being such a vapid and spoiled product of suburban living. But I found his dry wit and snarky tone hilarious (even though I was worrying about mortgage payments while he was worrying about getting laid). I could not put the book down and kept wondering if he would ever grow up and see his brother as a real person and stop treating him like a pet.
Get more detail about A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment