Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Staying True Immediately


I thought like the Sanfords seemed like the perfect all-American couple. I guess Jenny Sanford did too until she discovered her husband's infidelity. This book charts its way through her childhood, her courtship and marriage to Mark, and his rise to the highest office in South Carolina. I found it difficult to put down.

Prior to reading this book, I knew next to nothing about Jenny Sanford. I had no idea, for example, that she had a high powered career in the business world be for meeting and marrying Mark. She seems like and upstanding woman, and I am truly sorry for the way her family has been broken apart.

Many reviewers focus on the supposed "signs" that Mark offered throughout their marriage. Hindsight is 20/20 and I don't see how she could possibly have known that these things--which must have sounded like jokes!--were in fact true indicators of deep-seeded character flaws.

Jenny Sanford is a real American hero. A smart woman of good moral character who got the short end of the stick from her husband. I wish her all the best and I hope that she has true happiness in all the things to come.

I reccomend this book wholeheartedly.

Get more detail about Staying True.

No comments:

Post a Comment