Friday, October 1, 2010

Shop For Silent Tears: A Journey Of Hope In A Chinese Orphanage


My son is adopted from foster care so adoption and the plight of children is something very near and dear to my heart. Even though I have not adopted from China, I found this book to be both eye opening and heartbreaking. It was obvious the frustration at the limited help the author could offer these children and, at the same time, the love she had for them all. Too often, what is really going on day to day in these orphanages is hidden from everyone either by not allowing anyone into the orphanage or by bringing out the toys, cleaning up the kids, etc. when they know visitors are coming. This book really helped me understand what the day to day lives of these children are like.

I plan to pass this book on to a friend whose nephew was adopted from a Chinese orphanage less than a year ago when he was four years old. They were never allowed to see where he had been living. I think this book will help them understand some of the behaviors they are seeing with him and may make it easier for them to transition him completely to being part of a loving family.Get more detail about Silent Tears: A Journey Of Hope In A Chinese Orphanage.

No comments:

Post a Comment