Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where To Buy Rocket Boys (The Coalwood Series #1)


I had been hearing about this book for about 3-4 years and for one reason or another did not believe it would hold my interest. Then, it was chosen as our book club selection last month. I was so surprised when I started reading it how it held my attention and I could actually picture the characters, the town, the grit of the mine and his relationships. I am so glad I read this book. It brought back all the imagery and excitement of the "Space Race", a period of time in which I grew up. I remember the Russians beating us in space and how the school system started demanding more math, science and telling the students that we couldn't let America down. It was a trip down memory lane I had long ago forgotten. Glad it came back to me.Get more detail about Rocket Boys (The Coalwood Series #1).

No comments:

Post a Comment