Friday, October 1, 2010

Where To Buy Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.


This was a five star book and about as engrossing as I've ever read. Excellent research, writing, story telling, and damn near everything else. Details are included to the nth degree, showing all facets of his incredibly complex and genius personality. I loved the selection of photos, and the inclusion of family characters. I got so into it that my jaw literally dropped when I read of him getting the telegram that his daghter had died in Europe. That takes good writing.

It is also very informative as I already knew that Mr. Rockefeller was the richest man of his era and left an enormous legacy in his philanthropy, but I had no concept of just HOW enormous. And all those details are here too.

This is a big story of one of the great American men of the 19th and 20th century and takes a bit to get through, but it's worth it.

Get more detail about Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr..

No comments:

Post a Comment