Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Buy The Bullpen Gospels: Major League Dreams of a Minor League Veteran


Having listened to Keith Olbermann on "Countdown" extol the virtues and delights of this book, I bought it. That's $9.99 and 5 hours of my time I'll never get back although I did e-mail Olbermann to ask him to refund my money. There is no refund for my time, however. I am writing to tell you to save both your money and your time. This book, while it starts out fairly amusing, degenerates into what I would term as typical male adolescent humor as it focuses almost entirely on crude bathroom humor and the everlasting and pointless discussions about sex, sexual fantasies, male genitalia, and attempts to conquer hot babes, no matter how tasteless the quest. There were some moments of salvation near the end when the author was dealing with his father and alcoholic brother, but those fleeting glimpses of humanity did not redeem the otherwise vain exercise in recounting a boring and sad autobiography. I suppose men might like this book a lot more than I did, and I won't even try to explain the differences in the sexes as it pertains to writing about sports experiences. It will be a long time before I'll be dumb enough to bite on another book having to do with baseball if this missive is truly what the sport is all about.Get more detail about The Bullpen Gospels: Major League Dreams of a Minor League Veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment