Monday, May 24, 2010

Shop For My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto


This book convinces us how much more satisfying life experiences can be when you're an active participant, and not just an observer. As a reality TV addict myself (I had to accept what I had become when I added the Fox Reality channel solely to watch "Househusbands of Hollywood" last fall while on maternity leave), I appreciate how Jen Lancaster remains true to herself while diving head first into the good, the bad and the ugly of a myriad of cultural experiences. Her description of various ethnic cuisines (and the wine/cheese tasting!) rival Ruth Reichel's in every savory (and not so savory!) detail. Riding shotgun with her friend Stacey, she discovers that theater, literature, poetry, and dance can be exhilarating, shocking, and sometimes disappointing, but that it's the experience itself that matters most.Get more detail about My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment