Sunday, August 1, 2010

Discount Falling Apart in One Piece: One Optimist's Journey Through the Hell of Divorce


Even if you cannot relate to the authors way of life (how many of us are running Redbook?), it is very easy to relate to the workings of the relationships the author describes. I am talking of not only the doomed marriage, but the different friendships, how they change & suffer (or don't) as a result of life.
Some aspects of her story were startling in their clarity to situations in my own life. This is something that I'm not sure if I should be comforted or alarmed about. It has certainly given me something to think about. I believe that this book will serve as food for thought for most any reader.
Because it is the woman's point of view, I feel that it speaks more to the female part of the relationship rather than the male. This is not to say that it is not a book for men to read, but that I think it will be easier for women to relate to. It has the potential to benefit many a man to better understand the complexity of being female.
I would have loved to been able to read the husbands point of view for the full story of the demise of a 13 year marriage. Her side is so clear & while reading her accounts, I found myself wondering, "What was he thinking in this situation?" I wish I knew. Maybe then I could better understand the male...
Divorced, Married, or Single, nearly all humans have been in a relationship of some sort at some point in their lives. This book has a little piece of you in it too. Read it & you'll understand.Get more detail about Falling Apart in One Piece: One Optimist's Journey Through the Hell of Divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment