Friday, August 20, 2010

Nine Lives: Mystery, Magic, Death, and Life in New Orleans Right now


After I finished this wonderful book, I wanted to see what the other reviews were. Just for fun, I read the reviews of those who had unbelievably given it 1 star. "Not enough character development??" Apparently, the author of this review does not understand that the "characters" in this book were real people? "dysfunctional characters?" Has the author of this review ever been to New Orleans??...it is a city like no other because of the strikingly colorful diversity of the characters who live there. I loved this book...got to know every one of the featured residents of the incomparable city. Dan Baum's writing allowed me to smell what they smelled, taste what they tasted, hear their music and feel what they felt...Get more detail about Nine Lives: Mystery, Magic, Death, and Life in New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment