Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dead End Gene Pool: A Memoir Right now


I thought the book was funny and irreverent at the same time, but if one listened to the author's voice which described her upbringing that would seem in character. I agree that not everything was laid out in strict chronological order, but I still found it fairly easy to follow.

This is merely an anecdotal account of a one person's upbringing and when viewed from that angle it is interesting and an easy enjoyable read. Although the author's childhood would be considered somewhat removed [in greatly understated terms] from that of most readers, it was still fun to hear about her dysfunctional childhood. Although my own upbringing was done in a much more plebeian surrounding I was still fascinated by the author's account of how the extremely wealthy used to live. The only problem one may have with the book is the author's continuous use of French expressions for ordinary occurrences and fancier table fare [food items and eating utensils] rather than their English equivalents. I say give it a try and decide for yourself.Get more detail about Dead End Gene Pool: A Memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment