Friday, June 25, 2010

Order The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible


A Catholic friend recommended this book to me and said it was funny. It was. It was also very insightful and interesting. As a very liberal Protestant Christian, I wish the author would have spent more time looking at the more liberal side of Christianity. There are many of us. My father taught me that the Bible was written for the people of THAT time and many of the "laws" no longer pertain to this modern time. (ie, women are now educated and equal). Outside my more religious thoughts, I was just fascinated by all of the things the author did trying to follow the "laws" and found it really funny, especially his wife's quips. What a great woman!! Had the author been single, i think it wouldn't have been nearly as funny or interesting and am really glad he included the things that happened within his family due to his experiment. No doubt I will be buying more of A.J's books!!Get more detail about The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment