Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Order Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office


I was given this book by a misled family member who thought I might enjoy this due to my love of humorous memoirs. I could tell by the description on the back that this would not be my cup of tea - but decided to give it a chance anyway. In my opinion, this is chick-lit at its worst. Trust me, I get self-deprecating funny. I get the funny in saying things everybody wants to but you know you shouldn't. This book crosses the line into un-funny, just plain mean territory.

I found Jen Lancaster to be the b**ch you always hope you never have to spend time with, who's been given an outlet for her truly awful thoughts. I couldn't really believe her hateful comments towards others, let alone her unapologetic way of voicing them. It's a bit sickening how egotistical this woman truly is. And, I find it a bit sad that this book is such a success.

Maybe if you are a real b**ch you might enjoy this one, but regular, nice people - beware. You will feel irritated every moment you are filling your head with this.Get more detail about Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass,Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment