Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House This instant


When I did have to stop reading this book over the past 48 hours, I could hardly wait to get back to it! I enjoyed Melissa's memories about the different episodes. On reading about the "May We Make Them Proud" episode, I found it interesting that both Melissa and I agreed that if a mother was by her baby's cradle and a fire started, she would GRAB THE BABY (as she tried to point out to Landon during filming)!(That was a L.H. that I remember as being very "dark" and quite frightening,as I was 9 years old back in 1979).
Anyway, this book was like a walk down memory lane in the 70's, with the songs that Melissa listened to, the clothing and hairstyles, and of course the memories about Little House! I liked the fact that the title was true to the book's contents. When I read "Prairie Tale" by Melissa Gilbert, I thought it would have many more details about her L.H. experiences, as the title suggests. I ended up forcing myself to finish it, after wading through the VERY sordid details of her many romances. Way too detailed, in my opinion! "The Way I See It" was not written as a tell-all book. Melissa came across to me as a rather shy, gentle person who wanted to share her memories of this particular period in her life with her fans. She seems to be a person I could sit across from and enjoy sharing 70's memories and "mom stories" with, since her son is exactly one year and nine days older than my son!
I highly recommend this book to any Little House fan, especially those who grew up with the show in the 70's like I did. Great job, Melissa! I enjoyed your book thoroughly and will read it more than once, I guarantee!Get more detail about The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House.

No comments:

Post a Comment