Friday, June 4, 2010

Order On Writing


I'll make this short: Buy the book.

I read a few of King's books years ago. Like over 20 years ago? I'm a late bloomer. I'm having the urge to write, so King's book on how to write alerted me to borrow the book from the library. Not to sound weird, but the last lines of his book made me weep. I was at work trying to sneak a few soulful minutes lifting myself, my sorrowful self, above the garbage I'm around. (I work next to circus freaks). Shocked me, that I got all choked up.

Also, King wrote about maggots on his arm, or hand, while working with dirty laundry, and I don't recall the quote, but he mentioned something about thinking, "How can people be so **ck# gross?" Something like that. God, I love that man. Humble. He spoke of humble beginnings. No fancy desks. He's speaking to my heart.

Anyway, I read the book months ago. Poor memory. I checked out King's book at the library AGAIN, this time; I think I've lost the book! Now, I'll need to buy THAT book, plus I'll buy ANOTHER book to keep next to my computer, so I can kiss those pages. Especially, that last page. Those last lines, those last lines....

Get more detail about On Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment