Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality Right now


This book is about "me".

It's all about "me". It's about the activities and thoughts of "me". It's about how cool "me" is. It's about how the world revolves around "me". It's about "me's" deep and not-so-deep thoughts.

What's alarming is that Donald Miller and people like him seem to have a lot of influence on others. The success of this book has made Miller a popular speaker among both Christian and secular audiences. A movie is being released based on this book. In the book, Miller ponders how great it would be if Christianity could somehow be considered "cool". He has accomplished this. He's made Christianity seem "cool". But it's not great. It's a disaster.
Get more detail about Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment