Thursday, June 24, 2010

WAR This instant


I will preface this review by stating that I have experienced combat in Iraq and been in multiple engagements with enemy fighters. War is simply well written and gets right to the heart of the matter regarding combat. If you have no combat experience, you will understand it some after you read this book. Junger manages to capture in words what Soldiers feel and live. I have been back from Iraq for just over a year now and this book took me back and the memories were not bad. He was right and it is difficult to say that you miss depending on the man next to you for survival and having that man depend on you. A lot of books pick up major themes and ideas well but War also captures the minute details that give the reader the most accurate picture on warfighting that I have seen to date. I highly recommend this book and can say with confidence that you will not want to put it down until the last word is gone. Thank you Junger for honoring the Soldiers who represent the best of America.Get more detail about WAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment