Saturday, June 19, 2010

Shop For Just Kids


Dear Reader,

I've always adored both Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe's works, all of them, all the time. Even though I'm positive, well, of course from reading the book, I know that they, themselves didn't always like all of their works. Well, I certainly did and still do.

But the most fantastic thing that I found in this book is that even though we lived in different cities, it seemed to me, when I was reading her account of their life back then, that I had lived somewhat of a parallel life to theirs.

This is one of those great books that puts you at exactly where, when, and the how of it all happening. The zeitgeist, so to speak.

I'm thrilled that she wrote this book! I can only hope that she will write even more books. But, if that's not to be, then I was blessed to have read this one.

So, thank you Ms. Patti Smith for taking me back down memory lane. I totally enjoyed every single word of it.

Best Wishes,

Susan

Get more detail about Just Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment