Sunday, June 27, 2010

Discount Running with Scissors: A Memoir


I am a big fan of Sedaris-style dry humor. I chose this book hoping for that and it certainly delivered! I recommend this book to anyone who harbors the belief that they had a disturbing childhood - it turns out you were wrong! Nothing compares to the story of Augusten Burroughs - this book with have you laughing, while shaking your head in shock & disbelief, all at the same time. It reads quickly & will transport you into an alternate reality for your Saturday afternoon. A warning though - my boyfriend is also a big fan of Sedaris but found some parts of this book to be a bit "over the top & graphically gay" - didn't bother me so much but for those who don't need a searing visual on his sexual escapades - I would read with caution.Get more detail about Running with Scissors: A Memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment